Kilauea School Home/School Compact
I want my child to achieve, and I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
- See that my child attends school regularly and on time and prepared;
- Communicate regularly with my child’s teacher;
- Attend all conferences/meetings for my child;
- Volunteer in my child’s classroom when possible;
- Encourage and be aware of my child’s learning;
- Provide positive use of extra-curricular time; and
- Participate in decisions related to the education of my child.
It is important that I do my best, and I will do the following:
- Attend school on time and with a positive attitude about learning;
- Be alert and ready to work and learn with pencils, paper, and school supplies;
- Complete and return my daily class and homework assignments on time;
- Follow the classroom as well as the School Wide Rules
- Understand and Apply the General Learner Outcomes.
It is important that students achieve, and I will do the following:
- Assist and guide students according to his or her needs;
- Use a variety of activities to make learning meaningful;
- Use appropriate teaching strategies and materials for different learning styles;
- Provide an effective and supportive learning environment;
- Report student progress and provide timely feedback to parents; and
- Ensure regular two-way, meaningful communication with families to include Parent/Teacher Conferences.
I support Kilauea School’s Compact and I will do the following:
- Provide a supportive environment that allows for communication between student, parent, and teacher;;
- Provide access to teachers and opportunities to volunteer and observe classrooms
- Ensure teachers have high quality curriculum that meets the needs of all students;
- Provide professional/personal development opportunities for school community groups to learn;
- Provide a safe environment for everyone to work, learn, and play.
(Updated Spring 2022)
Kilauea School Vision
All students will be prepared with the skills they need to be successful on the K-12 pathway towards success in college, career and citizenship.
We Light the Way (SHINE)
- Nurturing and
- Encouraging students for success